10 Tips for a Thriving Direct Sales Business
Whether you’re recently started your first direct sales business or you’re a veteran direct seller, everyone could use a few tips to make their business successful. Here are 10 tips to create a profitable direct sales business.
1. The Products – Know, love and stand behind the products you sell. If you know how it works, why it’s worth it and actually like it yourself, you’ll do a better job selling it to others. Know what similar products are all about as well. If your competitor sells a product like yours, be able to tell your customers why yours is better even if it costs more. Don’t bash the competition; just highlight your strengths.
2. Network, Network, Network – It’s important to build a business network. Be yourself and take the time to build friendships and other contacts beyond just potential customers. Building rapports doesn’t happen over night and it takes time to simmer. Keep spreading seeds and you’ll reap a great harvest.
3. Online Presence – Create a professional website for your business. You are missing a huge opportunity if you’re not doing business via the Internet. One of the first places people go to find something they need is the World Wide Web and your product is no different. Even if you sell a lot locally, broaden your horizons by going online too. Note: No website is better than a cheesy, poorly designed one. If you don’t have the resources to have a professionally designed website, then hold off until you do.
4. Take Your Business Seriously – Your website, business cards, products, presentation and everything else you do in your business should exhibit that you’re serious about your business. Sometimes this will take a bit of money, like hiring a web designer to put your website together if you don’t know how (see #3 for the importance of this). However, most of your professionalism will show in you personally, so treat it like a real business and you’ll obtain the benefits of doing so.
5. Honesty is Key – When your customers feel like they can trust you they will be back. Don’t be shady or pushy in order to make sales or gain team members. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and move on. Hopefully you won’t forget to mail something or to make a phone call, but if you don’t admit it. Most will admire your forth righteousness and over look it.
6. Accept Rejection – In the direct sales business, the word No is one you’ll hear frequently. Don’t take it personally and realize it is a part of this business. Keep working hard and you’ll get positive replies and more sales too. It is important to recognize that it takes time and many rejections to build up thick skin about this. So when you feel like throwing in the towel, remember what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and it WILL get better.
7. Attend Meetings – Take the time to attend meetings for your team. Not only will you learn about new products and sales techniques, but also you’ll receive some needed encouragement from others who’ve been where you are. Even better, you will be able to help some of the newbies on your team eventually. On a long distance team? No problem, attend telecons or participate in team forums. You can get all the benefits of a local meeting… and don’t have to figure out what to wear!
8. Set Goals – This tip is extremely important when it comes to the success of your direct sales business. Write them down or cut out photos of achievements desired. Setting goals and constantly working toward them will help to make your business more profitable. Set big goals and then break them down into smaller easier to achieve steps. As you work your way through your list you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something and your ultimate goal won’t seem so out of reach. Be realistic with your goals, but don’t be afraid to set them high either.
9. Be There for Others – You will someday remember what it was like when you first started out. The help you received from others was valuabl" LA? www.Scentsy.com http:>http://www.Scentsy.com/LA or href="http://www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/">http://www.ThrivingCandleBusiness.com
To Your Success!!!
Soul Purpose Lifestyle Company